Steve Jobs was the most renowned entrepreneur and inventor of his time. In 1976 he founded Apple with his friend Steve Wozniak. For the first time, they together develop a computer, the Apple I, inside the garage of Jobs’ parents. Then the Apple II, whose 2 million units sold in the market, made him wealthy. After this, his life went through many ups and downs. Twelve years later, he returned to Apple and made it so successful that it became the world’s highest-valued company.
Here is a collection of quotes by Steve Jobs.
- “Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.”
- “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.”
- “Creativity is just connecting things.”
- “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”
- “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
- “Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
- “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
- “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.”
- “Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”