It is common for Meta’s social media platform, Instagram, to introduce new features and updates in the app. Recently, the app launched a new feature named “Notes” in India that allows users to create short notes within 60 characters. The users’ notes will be displayed in the direct message (DM) section and only visible to their followers. Also, the replies sent by followers will appear as DMs to the users. After 24 hours, the posted notes will automatically vanish, just in the same way Instagram stories.
As per Instagram, the new feature ‘Notes’ provides users a personal space to share updates as short text posts to their followers, who can reply to them by messaging on Instagram. At a time, it only permits one note to be shared. If they try to share more than one note before the previous note’s 24 hours have passed, the existing note will automatically get deleted.
Steps to use the ‘Notes’ feature on Instagram
Follow the step-by-step guide on how to use Instagram’s ‘Notes’ feature:
- Firstly, update the Instagram app to its latest version for using the Notes feature on your android and iOS device.
- After updating, open the app and check the DM section.
- Click on the ‘your note’ option.
- Type your note within 60 character limit.
- Select your friends or the people with whom you want to share.
- Hit the share button in the top right corner to post your notes.
Moreover, Instagram has added several new features to the app to protect users from explicit content, such as age verification tools and a sensitive content controller.